About the Role
If you are passionate about social innovation, community, arts, culture and heritage and you believe that the world needs unique places and cultures in a world that is becoming increasingly homogenous.
You have a head for numbers, you are super organized, energetic and a proven leader. You can both rally the troops and play on a team.
Newfoundland Outport culture has a special place in your heart, and you want to have a role in the revitalization of rural Newfoundland and Labrador. You would love the opportunity to spend a summer in beautiful Twillingate. If this resonates with you, please see more information here:
The deadline for application is 21 April 2023.
The Program Coordinator will:
● oversee all operational aspects of Grow Twillingate Inc.
● give input on strategy and control the budget, generate operations reports and perform board administration duties
● advise on the development of new and existing projects and services
● plan and execute all aspects of current and new projects. (Current projects include the Unscripted Twillingate Digital Arts Festival, Digital Arts Residency in Twillingate (DART), Twillingate Digital Arts and Culture Strategy, Digital Storytelling and the Museum Heritage Garden project. The Unscripted Twillingate Digital Arts Festival in September will require the most time.)
● coordinate the digital production studio
● execute a fundraising plan
● build and sustain relationships with funders and stakeholders, which include government and private funders, industry associations and the local community of Twillingate.
● guide and oversee the activities of temporary staff and volunteers
● keep office administration and accounting up to date and liaise with the accountant on annual statements
● take on any other responsibilities that are assigned which complement the Grow Twillingate mandate.
From May to October, this is a salaried position based on 35 hours a week. Work
schedules are flexible, and some work may be remote. Some evening and weekend
work may be required.
Remuneration is between $850 and $950 a week plus vacation pay.